On this page you will find some information regarding my qualifications, training and ways in which I work.
I am qualified as both a psychologist (since 1994) and a psychotherapist (since 1996). I am also Professor of Counselling Psychology at Regent´s University London.
I worked in the NHS for more than a decade and was Consultant Psychologist in Psychotherapy. I have experience of working with a range of emotional and psychological difficulties and with men and women from a wide range of backgrounds.
Whether working face to face or offering remote psychotherapy by phone or video platform, my work is always informed by attention to such factors as cultural background, disability and sexual orientation. My approach to psychotherapy is influenced by existential, psychodynamic and cognitive theories. I work with individuals and with couples.
- Recipient of the British Psychological Society Award for the Promoting of Equality of Opportunity 2012.
- Fellow of the British Psychological Society
- Chartered Psychologist with the British Psychological Society (BPS) with full membership of the Division of Counselling Psychology
- Senior Practitioner Member of the BPS register for Psychologists Specialising in Psychotherapy
- Supervisor on the BPS RAPPS register
- Registered Existential Psychotherapist with the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP).
- Counselling psychologist registered with the Health and Care Professions Council